Saturday, March 27, 2010

Where's Paige?

We ask that question a LOT now all of the sudden.  And the answer more often than not is "in her room reading".  Paige went from reading a bit here and there, to reading chapter books!  Right now, her obsession is with the Magic Tree House books.  She'll read a book in a day!  These books combine adventure with  history, two of her loves, so these books are perfect.  She also loves American Girl books, but prefers us to read those ones to her most of the time.  I know every kid gets here (reading chapter books) at some point or other, but to me, this is super exciting.  I love to read and I love that she has picked this up.

Here she is reading on her bed.
And in the car...

  I also love that she is sharing her love of reading with her brothers, especially Jonah.  She is the one who first found out that he could read so she sits down with him every day with their Magnadoodle.  She writes words and then he reads them and erases them.  Over and over and over.     She is so proud of Jonah and comes to me and says "Mom, Jonah read ___!  Isn't that great, Mom?  Jonah's doing such a good job"!  Yep, it is great!
Hope you all enjoyed READING this!

1 comment:

fiona said...

That's awesome, reading is such a world-expander! And really fun :) I love that she works so much with Jonah, she is an amazing big sister!