Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Our Scrappy Little Monkey

On the morning of his 4th birthday, Jonah asked for his "4 year old" box of clothes, the size 4 hand-me-downs that we got from some good friends. I didn't get it down for him, but found a pair of pants in his drawer that I called "four year old" pants. You see, Jonah can still wear some of his size 2's. And some of his size 3's are huge on him. I guess I didn't want to hurt his little ego when he realized that he could actually swim in size 4's. Jonah is so proud of the fact that he is BIG and that he is now 4 and tells anyone he talks to. He has even stretched it a bit to say that he's 4 1/2!
So, Jonah had his 4 year old check up today and we found out how HUMONGOUS he really is! He's a whopping 32 lbs! Huge, huh? And I think he was only that heavy because he ate an adult serving of oatmeal with chopped dates and coconut milk on it right before heading to the doctor's office. It was so funny to hear him tell the nurse how big he is after she weighed him and everything. I could tell that she was holding back laughter, but she held it together. Jonah didn't seem to notice the little bit of sarcasm in her voice. By the way, 32lbs is between the 10th and 25th percentile. He is almost 40 inches tall, which puts him between the 25th and 50th for height. Oh, and now they calculate their BMI. It's 14.2. Between the 5th and 10th percentile.
Yep, Jonah is 4, but he can still "perch" on his Daddy's forearm.

4 comments:

fiona said...

I love that he says he's 4-1/2! Eventually he'll get to the point where he eeks out every last day of his age...like me: I'm 29, up until the day I go over the edge! ;) He IS a scrappy little fella, and hey, it gets you more use out of all those clothes! At least for now...he'll shoot up at some point and you'll be scrambling to keep him in his pants, I'm guessin...

Unknown said...

"Scrambling to keep him in his pants"

HAHAHAHAHA

This just makes me think of pants-less Jonah... Although, I must give him credit for wearing pants for the last several times I've seen him. He's still my favorite little monkey nephew, pants or no pants. :D

Mike said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mike said...

Jonah…wow what a kid. He certainly is unique, but he is just such a great little guy, so full of energy and imagination. I think he is the only kid that can make your blood boil while at the same time put a smile on your face!!! Happy birthday big guy!!!