Wednesday, March 18, 2009

News Break!

Jack Bailey receives his first haircut!
I was prepared for tears! Not tears from Jack, since I was pretty sure he wouldn't mind the haircut, but from me. But thankfully his cut really wasn't that traumatic. Jack, at almost 22 months, still looks like a baby with his round face and big eyes. Oh, goody. I can be in denial a little longer...
Here is Jack BEFORE his haircut.
Here is Jack DURING his haircut. He loved holding the spray bottle and giggled a little when it was used on his hair. The only thing Jack did not like during his haircut was the hair clippings. If he got hair on his cape (where he could see it), he would say "uck, uck, uck!" until I brushed them off.
Here is my handsome boy AFTER his haircut. See, not so bad. He still has hair and it's still blond.
Flash back to when Jonah got his first haircut. Mike got out the razor and did Jonah's hair when he was 15 months old. He went from "baby" to "military recruit" in a few seconds. I cried.
And before that, Paige lost her pretty little curls and shiny hair at the age of two. Only God knows why, as we never figured it out. Her hair just stuck up and looked a lot like her baby brother at the time, except she was a GIRL and NOT A BABY. I cried then too.
Here is a picture before Paige began losing her hair.

And here Paige and Jonah are with matching hair (Paige 2 1/2 years and Jonah 8 months). This picture is actually pretty cute. Most pictures from this time looked pretty awful. Poor girl. She definitely deserves that beautiful hair she has now!

4 comments:

fiona said...

Oh, handsome little Jack! AND Oh my gosh!!! Paige's hair was AWESOME!! That cute girl...how crazy was that? I mean, you told me about it, but to actually see it...so funny! You're right, she does have GORGEOUS hair now.

But anyway, Jack looks great, so grown up! but I bet you miss those baby locks. Bran's first haircut was similar to Jonah's military 'do. Pretty drastic! I think we're going to trim Nuala's hair finally. Well, we've been doing the bangs, but never the back. That girl needs an even-ing up!

Colin said...

Let me think...Jonah was 15 months old, so it was June when he got that buzz cut? I seem to remember some one else who got a similar cut every summer. I don't want to name any names, but it rhymes with Bike.

Anonymous said...

Looks good there Jack! I have trimmers and I'm cheap, so I'm guessing Matthew will be getting the same haircut as Jonah got when he needs one. I'm already threatening to shave off the baby rat tail he's got going....

Three Girls with a Mom said...

Jack is a very handsome boy. Very awesome eyes. Katie still does not need her hair cut. My niece had the same hair as Paige. Hers went straight then curly at the end. She didn't have a few bad hair days she had a few bad hair YEARS!