Friday, January 16, 2009

Peck peck peck!

Jack, Jonah and I went to a mall today in search of sunhats (which we did find after shopping in about 100 different stores this week). When we walked into the mall, Jonah noticed that his voice echoed, so he kept making a "Whooo"ing noise (I think he was pretending to be an owl.) So anyways, these older ladies were sitting at a table, talking and drinking their coffee or whatever, and one of them starts talking to Jonah and "whoo"ing along with him. She then tried to talk to him, but Jonah kept answering her with "whooo"s. I tried to distract him from the "whoo"ing, so I asked him about woodpeckers. While we were in the parking lot, Jonah kept asking if God would turn him into a woodpecker so I thought that that would get him talking. The lady asked him what a woodpecker said. So, Jonah quietly walked up to the lady's arm and "peck peck peck!". He just hit his little nose on her arm (while saying "peck peck peck!") and then he was on his way. No goodbyes. He now turned back into an owl...

1 comment:

fiona said...

Ha!! Jonah is such a character! I love how into animals he is. Not just into, but INTO...He sounds like he has such a great and involved imagination, I love it. I can't wait to see the 3 of them again!