Saturday, November 1, 2008

Trick or Treat!

We had a fun and yummy Halloween! Since I am such a foodie, we began our day powered up on pumpkin oatmeal (I put a little pumpkin in regular oatmeal along with pumpkin pie spice and a little food coloring...). Yum! The kids and I did our normal chores and stuff, but we also made pumpkin chocolate chip cookies later in the morning. Lunch wasn't super special, besides having a pumpkin chocolate chip cookie, since I wanted to pump some good stuff into the kiddos. Jonah, Jack and I had leftover pumpkin soup from Thursday night, while Paige had apples and a peanut butter sandwich... Like you really are interested in everything we eat! Oh my! But, I do have to share our dinner! The kids and I made a jack-o-lantern pizza. Cute, huh? Jonah did the pepperoni circle while Paige designed the face complete with eyebrows.

No, I didn't get to eat this masterpiece. Jack didn't either. But we have found a frozen cheese-less (completely dairy and soy free) pizza that we LOVE (Thank you Annie's Organic!).

We had a nice Halloween evening. Grandma Tull came over, ate dinner with us and shared in our festivities. The kids are always excited to have company, especially one of their grandparents! After dinner, Grandma and Mike took the three kiddos trick-or-treating at two of our neighbors home. So, here you go... What you've been waiting for... Pictures of our trick-or-treaters! Oh, actually this is Paige's second costume of the night. I don't know why we don't have any pictures of her dressed as a ghost. Maybe because we couldn't even see her...


Jack as Harry Potter



Jonah as a Bat



Paige as Hermione



Grandma as a cat with our bat and Hermione. Jack wasn't really fond of Grandma's whiskers....if you're wondering why he's not in the picture. We should have dressed him up like a chicken!

Paige and I did a little more trick-or-treating while Jonah (and probably Daddy too...) ate candy and Daddy and Grandma (and probably Jonah too) answered the door to our lowest number of trick or treaters ever. I don't think we had more than 10! We are drowning in candy!!!

3 comments:

fiona said...

Okay, I got to Jack's picture as HP and just started laughing, he looks so cute!! Paige makes a great Hermione, she's really got the hair for it, and I LOVE Jonah as a bat. I really have a soft spot for bats, and not many years ago I was one for Halloween, too. Not as cute as Jonah, though. Did you make his costume?

The oatmeal sounds yummy! you've got some great ideas. and the pizza! Love it. Sounds like a great Halloween! It's getting more fun every year with these two, I'm looking forward to being able to get even MORE into it. Y'all are such a fun family!

Julie said...

Thank you! We love having fun! Yep, I did make Jonah's costume, I guess... I do NOT sew. It is simply a black shirt with felt wings safety pinned on and black pants and a little marker on his nose. So, I guess I "made" it.
My mom however, sewed Jack's cloak. It is really nice, wool and warm and so cute. Paige wore the cloak too when she was Hermione (We decided that Paige should be Hermione after she tried on Jack's costume the other day. Yes, she definitely has the hair! I thought she looked perfect.). And the scarf was one of my sister Shannon's, first knitting projects. She gave it to Mike, the biggest Harry Potter fan around here, for Christmas a few years ago. And Hermione's wand is a chopstick colored with a brown crayon. I have been thinking. Maybe I'm not cheap, just resourceful...

Colin said...

I think that Paige should have gone trick-or-treating in costume #1, then come home to change, and then gone out again to hit the same houses for more candy in costume #2. That's the only scenario that makes sense to me.