Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Have a Happy Turkey Day!

The kiddos are downstairs having "Daddy time," which means I get a much needed breather, Mike gets abused, and I get to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving! I have been busy all day getting ready for Thanksgiving tomorrow. Of course with me, that means that I have been in the kitchen all day. I took little breaks to play with Paige, Jonah and Jack, but I spent most of my time hard at work, loving every minute of it.
Wow! It is really noisy downstairs right now. I wonder what kind of ride Mike is giving. Maybe a dinosaur ride, but he wasn't doing the normal "roar" it was more of a grunt. A wild pig ride? Last week, I walked downstairs during one of these unplanned Daddy times and Paige was sitting on top of Mike. Mike didn't seem to be moving. I just sat down and started talking to Mike. A couple of minutes later, Mike says to Paige, "All right, slug ride's over"! I laughed so hard. It was funny to me because I didn't even question why Paige was just sitting there on top of Mike and why he was just a lump on the floor and the fact that I didn't even notice them moving.
I hope you all have a Happy Thanksgiving! Okay, I am needed. I am so thankful for my family.

3 comments:

fiona said...

That slug ride is a crack-up!! definitely had me laughing! smart move...a little extra rest while playing with the kiddos...gotta catch it when you can!

Happy Thanksgiving :)

Three Girls with a Mom said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family! I will have to remember the slug ride. I wonder who thought it up? Hope you had a fantastic day!

zachariah said...

"Mike gets abused..." says it all, lol. We fathers are abused. The slug ride is an awesome idea, I'll have to use that one. Happy Thanksgiving!