Wednesday, January 20, 2010

It smells like...

I made a new soup for dinner tonight- Bacon and Kale Minestra.  It has a few slices of cut up bacon in it, onions, garlic, potatoes, a whole pound of Kale and some white beans (and a few other things...) and Parmesan cheese on top.  I was a little nervous about serving the kids and Mike this soup, so I made some homemade French bread to go with it.  I need them to like something in their meals!
Well, Mike was running a little late tonight, so the kids and I sat down to eat before he got home.  The soup was definitely not their favorite, but all three kids ate a bunch of soup.  Paige and Jonah each ate a whole ladle-full -without complaining.  I was so proud.  I figured if the kids kind-of liked it, that Mike would sort-of like it.  Soon after, Mike was sitting at the table by himself looking at his soup and making a changing-a-poopy-diaper kind of face.  I said, "You don't like it, do you"?  His response was "No!  It smells like belly button".

2 comments:

Unknown said...

- BELLY BUTTON???? This needs some explanation, Mike.

Bubbs :D

Mike said...

Haven't you ever put your finger in your belly button? Mine is very deep, get a really nice smell in it at times...