Monday, August 24, 2009

Lawn Maze

I am sure everyone has heard of a corn maze; you know the ones you see at a pumpkin patch? Well this summer Paige has asked a couple of times for a lawn maze. She came up with the idea when the grass was long once and noticed the "track" that is formed when it is mowed. I think the first I made was just that, a running track that made a couple of turns through the lawn.

But last weekend when I got home from a business trip the lawn was really long. This is good news, because it has been a hot summer and most peoples lawns have burnt out. Ours is still really green. Julie did a great job watering this summer, and Bubba too while we were gone the hottest week of the summer. Anyway, so the lawn was really long and Paige asked for a lawn maze. So I made one. I thought I would share, because we thought it was pretty cool.

Here is Paige running through. She is a really fast runner!!!

And Jonah pushing his lawn mower through...

Finally, I had to add a video, because pictures don't do the maze enough justice. Paige had already been through a couple times so she doesn't make any wrong turns, but she still hesitates a couple of times to think about it.



Lawn Maze from Julie Tull on Vimeo.

The worst part of a lawn maze though is in order to finish mowing the lawn it has to be mowed away. This one only lasted about 30 minutes until I started cutting away at it. Luckily the way it was made, the kids could still play in it for almost another hour.

1 comment:

fiona said...

That is super cool! And watching Paige run through it, I couldn't help but think of what a great way it is to wear the kiddos out...