Monday, October 13, 2008

I was tagged!

Our friend, Fiona, a long-time blogger, tagged me. She is passing along a fun little game. Here's how you play: You open your 6th picture file and find the 6th picture in it and write about it. So, that is what I will do! Look what I found! Oh, I love looking through older pictures!


Paige was such a little cutie! We titled this series of pictures, "Boo-boo in a bucket." We used to call Paige "Boo-boo" or just "Boo". I'm not sure why we called her that, but since then she has had LOTS of other names like "Babygirl" (which I think Mike got from the Bernie Mac show), Gigi (that is how Jonah said "Paigey"), Paigelina Ballerina (Nana started that one...), Gigalina, G, Geeg, I think you get the hang of it. My side of the family is REALLY big into nicknames. Like, I don't remember the last time my mom called me "Julie", at least when addressing me directly. I always knew when my dad was in trouble. My mom would call him by his name, "Steve" or even the dreaded "Steven", but the rest of the time his name was, well, NOT Steve.

ANYWAYS, I was supposed to write about this picture. Well, we took a series of pictures of "Boo-boo" when she was about 5 months old to use as Christmas presents for our family. We took a LOT of shots of her in the bucket and out of the bucket, mostly naked, but in a diaper. We then turned them black and white and made 8 by 10's out of them. We used my friend Wendi's photo tinting supplies and did our own tinting! I loved this. The pictures turned out really cute! Then we painted frames to go with. So, that is the story of this picture. Paigey was our only little center of attention then. We just adored her and thought she was the most beautiful baby in the world. I think that is how all parents are though, right?

So, I need to tag someone now! I can't tag Fiona! I guess you're "it" Christi!

5 comments:

Three Girls with a Mom said...

Oh no, I am not real sure what to do. Look in my 6th folder of pictures and then take the 6th picture and post it to MY Blog? Do I have that right? It might be a few days before I get it posted.

Christi

Julie said...

Yep, you have it right Christi. But don't worry about it though... You can do it whenever, whenever you are feeling up to it... You are just our only other blogging friend, so you had to be tagged.

fiona said...

Now THAT is a cute picture! "Naked" baby stuffed in a bucket -- I love it. What a great idea for presents for family, and how could you go wrong with a model like her?? I'm glad you did the tag, Paige was (is) so adorable!

Anonymous said...

This is such a cute picture - one of my first favorites of Boo. Peoria, didn't you choose the name after the little girl in Monsters Inc? Mikey thought that I made it up, but I'm pretty sure that was the origin. (trying to throw in a few extra knicknames.) :)

zachariah said...

Cute picture!!