Sunday, December 13, 2009

The Sweater

A short (but true) story about Paige's fashion sense.

This afternoon I received a phone call from Bubba (Julie's mom). Paige and Jack had spent the better part of the day over there yesterday. Anyway, she wanted to tell me a funny story about a conversation she had with Paige.

As you may or may not know, Bubba is pretty crafty, mostly when it involves a sewing machine. She has sewn quilts for all the kids and Julie, I have some favorite fleece shorts, we have wall hangings, this year we will all have matching elf hats, and apparently she made herself a sweater that she wore yesterday. The list of things she has made really goes on and on, but I think you get the idea.

So I don't have a recollection of the sweater Bubba was wearing yesterday, but as the story goes Paige asked Nana if she liked the sweater. Nana's response was something about it being comfortable and warm. Paige then asked if she made it. The answer was "yes". Then Paige told Bubba (Nana to her) that she should stick to making quilts...

But don't stop reading, the story isn't over yet.

When I was telling Julie this story at dinner tonight, she laughed a little at first, and then Paige turned to her and asked "Well do you like that sweater?" And before Julie even had a chance to answer Paige said "Me neither!"

It was quite a funny moment.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This just makes me laugh when I think of it. Paige's real comment to me when I told her I made the sweater was "this really isn't your best work, I like your quilts better." Then to read about the dinner conversation, I was in tears laughing!

I love you anyway Paigey! :)

Bubba/Nana/Mary/Merry - ho, ho, ho!

fiona said...

Hahaha! That girl is not shy about sharing her opinions, is she?! Her actual quote is especially hilarious, thanks for sharing, Mary!