Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Stitches

Jonah fell this morning as he was climbing onto a bar stool. Jonah was probably climbing as fast as he could, as he has only two speeds: super-fast and super-slow. I think he hit his lower lip on a caddy we have the art supplies in on the kitchen counter. He bit the inside of his lip, but the outside got pretty sliced open.
Well, as you already know from the title, Jonah got stitches. 5 of them! All without getting numbed. I don't know why the doctor didn't numb him, but Jonah was so brave and calm. He laid on the patient bed and let the doctor and assistant do what they needed to do. I am so proud of him! Did I tell you he was BRAVE? And the doctor kept remarking on how wonderful a patient he was and that he wished all of his patients were like that. What a good boy we have! And the other two kiddos were silent almost. Jack sat quietly on my lap and Paige sat next to us, paying attention to what was going on with Jonah quietly. I am so thankful that the kids chose today to be so obedient and sweet. Tomorrow could be different...
Here is our brave boy modeling his 5 stitches.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Poor little buddy!! Feel better soon, Jonah.

(Also, is it me, or does he look exactly like Mike in that picture?)

Julie said...

Yep, I think we know exactly what Jonah will look like as an adult...
He's feeling fine though. He loves showing off his stitches to everyone he meets!

fiona said...

Oh, poor little guy! And wow! NO numbing? I doubt I could lie so nice and still like that with no anesthesia...very impressive, Jonah!

Three Girls with a Mom said...

Ouch! Very impressive he didn't get any numbing stuff. I agree with Fiona I don't think I could lie and get stitches without numbing. What a brave boy! And what great other children you have for sitting so nicely.